Saturday, August 16, 2014

Finding the GOOD

As I type this, I am watching a press conference about events taking place in Ferguson, Missouri.  Ferguson is a suburb and part of St. Louis County.  I live in that county.  I am a proud citizen of St. Louis.  The current events are making me sad.  I won't discuss them and debate the issues.  But this sadness has spilled over to so many places.  Including the online community.  So, to fight the negative, I decided to search for good things today.  Things that made me smile.  Or made me happy.  Or things that brought a smile to someone else.

Please take a moment and click on one of the links.  You could end up pleasantly surprised.  I don't get paid for these delightful blogs and don't necessarily have any real connection to any of the people or things mentioned here today.  Just wanted to share.

Let's start with this print by St. Louis artist, Mary Engelbreit.  
You can find her online in a variety of places... 
including her website, eBay, Pinterest and Facebook.  Her art is super cute, inspiring, fun and sure to bring a smile to your life.

The things I found today are totally random - like me!  If I saw and liked, you're gonna see it here.  Work with me, people.  This Pool Girl has a rain day and can't swim and must entertain herself.  You are just lucky to be along for the ride!



We all have jeans that no longer fit or have seen better days.  Let's re-purpose them!  Details at Denim Patch Organizer


I love rubber stamps.  And I love crochet.  I'm a bit on the fence about granny squares though.  BUT if you turn one into a stamp, count me in!!! See this on Facebook here: Hoffee and a Nuffin


And a little more crochet.  I was looking around on Pinterest and saw a pin from Spider Mambo.  I hadn't seen this great pattern before today.  Whooo hooo!  It's free too!  Go like the Facebook page or head to Ravelry and take a look at some amazing stuff.  See the pattern on Pinterest

I'm hungry.  Do I want salty?  Or sweet?
I'll do both with these Caramel Salty Pretzel Superbars



And more yarny stuffs.  This is from Bev's Country Cottage Shop:

"After many months of surveying, typing, printing and adjusting, I created this purse sized booklet of patterns from my website, BevsCountryCottage.com, for our humanitarian booth at the Clark Cty NV Fair as a handout for those who can attend.. 
This handy, 12 page booklet contains 20 reader favorite patterns (knitting, crocheting and loom knitting) along with photos of each project; Bev's size charts for making hats, and blankets, needle/hook conversion chart, and several charities to help are also included."


Visit Craftsy to purchase this e-booklet.


Yes, today was a yuck day.  The weather was ugly, the posters on Facebook all seemed to have forgotten their happy pills and the news brought a crapfest.  Yet, I was able to find things that were fun, interesting and worth learning about.  Do yourself a favor.  Lighten up!  Even on the dark days, we can find some spots of sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment